Monday, March 9, 2009

spring in my step in time

First Friday went pretty well. Hallucinogarden was hung up salon style with a bunch of other work by a few friends and classmates. bS Shirts is a really awesome place. Schell and Chris are very friendly, sweet guys and are willing to tell you lots of stories about their shirts. In addition to their shirts they also have some of their own artwork for sale. The show will be up for the next month, so if you're in the area stop by! Please keep in mind that I'm no photographer, but here are some pictures...

my friend Sarah (the curator) playing Foosball




Schell and Chris (the owners) in front of their lovely mural


there's mine!


some of Schell and Chris' paintings

I got some more monoprinting done this weekend. I'm getting very excited about the textures, and can not wait to lay some silk screens on top. Although it was a bit of a slow start, it seems this semester is really coming together for me. My newest idea is a continuation of the hallucinogarden. I want to try either cutting up the block or selectively inking with layers of monoprints and silk screens in between, maybe even adding some figures in the garden. At the moment, I've got about 7 projects in progress and about 10 on the way. This week is going to be very fun and very productive, with lots of pictures to share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment