Wednesday, February 11, 2009

my rorschach heart


Now that things are slowly coming together I can start sharing ideas and progress more frequently. My main focus right now is a hallucinogarden. It is meant to reflect the feeling of being lost and confused in an unknown place (in this case it is a garden) without fear or anxieties. Like remaining calm and content through out a situation of unknown origin. Ignorance is bliss, right? If so, I think bliss is pretty sleepy, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

To create this sleepy, blissful garden, I thought it should be full of hallucinogenic plants and flowers. In my research I discovered that some types of datura hang their trumpet shaped blossoms from the branches of trees! How weird?!


Today I did some monoprinting to establish some base color in the garden. Here are a couple photos.



When I finish the lino cut I'll layer that print over this color, and once the silkscreen studio is finally finished I'll be pulling some figures and hanging datura on top. I'm pretty excited about the way my lino cut is turning out, although it has caused many minor flesh wounds around my left hand and fingers. Maybe I should invest in a protective glove ...

1 comments:

Natasha said...

Anna! I have tried to comment on here loads of times and it never works! I am currently living in Ireland for a few months.. but I would love to get together, eat some food and giggle when I get back to Philly, which should be late April. I hope you are well!!

Natasha!

Post a Comment