Tuesday, February 3, 2009

in the meantime

It has been a little slow starting this semester because of the big Tyler move downtown, which means I don't have any new work to show yet. So, I thought I would share the work that I left with last semester.

All of these are around nine by twelve inches in size. The first was the beginning of a new style of artwork for me; using monoprint to stain the paper and add color to the etching. It is called Across Sectioned Pool Revealed.

The other four became a series that unfolded from the first etching. I used the same paper staining technique, though less intense, and used polymer intaglio plates that develop in water (instead of the so-quickly-rising-in-price copper etching plates).

This semester I plan to use these pieces as a spring board to continue to create layered narratives in mixed print media. I'm looking forward to silk screen, block print, collage, and perhaps a little litho. I just can't wait until the studios are finally up and running 100%!




Blue Jean Soak Sight




Stainage, No Drainage




Head Scratch, Don't Catch, Stranded




Refracted Reflection Inked



click 'em!

2 comments:

Kristen Elizabeth said...

Anna!!! I really like this stuff. Can I see it in person sometime? And I added a link to your blog on mine too!

Anonymous said...

i haven't seen some of these my dear. they are all so intricate. its neat seeing you in the process of working on these and the finished product. especially because one is now in my own private collection.

maybe you should have some ponies or moon dreamers frolicking in your halucigarden?

Post a Comment