Thursday, May 21, 2009

sometimes I wish I was Elizabeth Fraser

So, I'm finally a college graduate ... and let me tell you, it's tough! It's so hard sleeping in, watching TV and eating home cooked meals! I sure hope I don't have to do this forever ... just kidding.

I've found a bit of free time in my very busy schedule to post some more of the work from these past few months. This is a series that spun off of the first lino cut I did in the beginning of the semester. For these pieces I was interested in creating a lot of depth through layering of the same hallucinogarden block. A sort of imaginative/dream world came out of it. My conceptual idea was to create a hallucinogarden that you actually could get lost in, visually or figuratively. The veils or curtains are a way to emphasize the separation of the created dream world in the print, and the world in which the print exists as an object. I had a lot of fun creating these prints, and I wish I could share the thick, shiney characteristics of the ink with everyone, but its hard to get the feeling of touch over the internet.

Garden Grabs After A Leaked Peek
monoprint, block print, and silk screen on paper
18" x 24"



Going, Going, Gone
monoprint, block print, and silkscreen on paper
18" x 24"



Gazer Grieves After A Lost Dream
monoprint, block print and silk screen on paper
18" x 24"



As a reaction to this mini series I decided to do ghost prints to get the opposite effect. These three are not about a world you can get lost in, but about a void that you can fill with your own thoughts and dreams.


Ghost Grabbed
silk screen on paper
18" x 24"



Grieving Ghost
silk screen on paper
18" x 24"



Ghost Gone
silk screen on paper
18" x 24"



There are many more prints to share on the way. Also, if anyone in the area is interested in seeing my artwork in person, I will be having a solo show in June in the lovely small town of Bryn Athyn (just north of Philadelphia). Dates will be set very soon, and you can bet every single person I see or hear will know about it! I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather these past couple days as much as I am!

3 comments:

Abigail Thomas said...

Beautiful prints Annalisa. Shame I cannot see them in person, as I live in the UK!

Natasha said...

these are beautiful!

steveteare said...

This rules

Post a Comment